Tuesday, May 5, 2015

6 space-saving planters for container gardening

It is planting season and if you are looking for unique containers to plant your garden or if you don't have much space and need to consider a vertical garden, check out these that I found at the Chicago Flower & Garden Show earlier this spring.

1. I think this is one of my favorites...old tree stumps, if you have them, make great planters.


If you don't have an old tree stump, you can use the next best alternative. A faux log, which I found at Wayfair.

2. I like the idea of planting an herb garden in a raised planting box or window planter. It is roomy enough to have several herbs and it is convenient because you don't have to do a lot of bending to harvest your herbs. Plus, it just looks cool.



 3. I like these vertical gardens from Lil' GRO. They are compact and will make a statement in your yard or on your balcony. They come in all different sizes depending how much gardening you want to take on. The planting trays come in different colors, too, so you can match them to your decor.


4. Here's another one from Lil' GRO that is just a single planter. Even the small unit looks nice so if you just want to try an herb garden or plant a few flowers you can do it, even if you live in the city on the 10th floor and only have a small balcony.


5. Lil' GRO is all about vertical gardening so even if you don't have a lot of space, you can still garden with flowers or veggies and herbs.


6. This planter is cute and creative and it uses a small charcoal grill. I'd start with a relatively clean one, however. I think my old Weber kettle may be a bit too rustic for a design on this.


What are your best ideas for container gardening in small spaces?

No comments:

Post a Comment